Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finding Inspiration in Taylor Swift

So, I have had lots of free time on my hands lately. I'm home for the summer, chilling with my family, resting so I don't have summer sickness anymore (who gets a throat infection in June!? That noise is for the winter!). So I've been using my free time to:

1. Make lots of cool new earrings, and making my parents' cats go nuts over the feathers (which I need to put up on Etsy, taking the photos and doing all the posting is a process)
2. Read (my Mom got an ipad, so she gave me her Kindle as a belated grad gift and it is AWESOME! Thanks, Mom)
3. Spend FAR too much time on the internet. LOL!

So, the first two are obviously productive, great things to do. The third, however, can sometimes be a little iffy. Sometimes it's a little too much of aimless browsing through facebook. (Yeah, I'll be honest, even though I'm sure lots of people are like, ew facebook stalker...get a life, you do it too, and if you think you don't you're in denial, Dolls!) Other times, though, I like to do my usual researching. Researching the careers of actors I admire, researching theatre history and current theatre news. Researching fashion from previous decades. Researching the birds who've lent me their feathers to make crafts and accessories...LOL! You know, just researching. Sometimes sitting on the internet can be as informative and well-spent as trip to the library. It's just not as aesthetically pleasing...and you don't have to be quiet.

Another thing I like to do on the internet is frequent People.com, perezhilton.com, and read celebrity blogs. Now, this is just a guilty pleasure, and a little trashy, and I'm sure than many people would say that young people like me are what's wrong with America today, we're obsessed with the media and celebs, blah, blah, blah. Well, those people are probably right, but they can still shove it because I've been watching Entertainment Tonight since age 2 and I'm never going to stop being interested in celebrity news and "who wore it better" and all that crap! LOL! I love Pop Culture and I don't care who knows it! Maybe, if I become a celebrity someday, I'll care less about it...but probably not...

Anyway, Gossip and Entertainment News Sites aside, the tidbit that I was getting to is that I like reading celebrity blogs because blogs are where celebs write from the heart, talk about their inspiring, charmed lives, happenings, friends, family, etc. I mean, there are totally those diva celebs out there, but I adore the ones who're funny, generous, and REAL. Like Taylor Swift, for example!

I was reading Taylor Swift's journal on her website, and I decided to read her bio. In it I found a quote about her hot album title, "Fearless", and what it means to her and it gave me some peace of mind:

“To me, fearless isn’t not having fears,” explains Swift. “It’s not that you’re not afraid of anything. I think that being fearless is having a lot of fears, but you jump anyway.”

Isn't that great? I totally loved it because, as I prepare for this big move to NYC, and grad school, and the next chapter in my life. I find myself bogged down my fears. I know that my fear won't stop me from going out there and doing it, but when I'm sitting home, under the weather, missing my friends, without a job (for the first time in years), unsure of so many crucial components of my situation next year...I forget that I am a pretty strong young soul and I KNOW I'M GOING TO JUMP ANYWAY!!!!!! :) What else would you do Paige? Housing will work out, finances will work out and I have the most amazing network of friends and family anyone could ask for, and lots of drive. It's all good. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer, and feeling healthier than I am. I love you and stay fabulous, All!


Paige
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment