Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Home. Sweet, Home...well, kind of...

So, I made it home to Menifee!!!! Weeeee!

My amazing friends, Skylar Shea Young and Cindy Kay picked me up from my amazing Aunt Lesa's house on Sunday. We loaded up that gold Taurus (it was so weighed down that you couldn't see the top of the back wheels) and rolled with the three of us in the front seat. Skylar and I took turns riding bitch and we made it to Menifee on Sunday night! Yay, what a blessing to be moved home. May the marshmallow car rest in peace.

Monday, we went to Disneyland, which was super fun. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't that crowded and we did quite a bit (the girls even humored me and went on It's a Small World), we screamed and cracked up! Cindy got to ride Splash Mountain for the first time...she sat in the front and got soaked and it was HILARIOUS!

The girls left late yesterday afternoon and both made it home safely. It was a really fun mini trip and I'm so grateful to be home. I talked to my brother for a little while yesterday! He's still in Germany doing the army thing (freedom aint free ya'll, Happy belated Memorial Day!). It always cool to hear his voice.

Now, I'm organizing my mountain of possessions and prioritizing...it sucks, but it must be done. The things I can't take to NY will just pollute my parents' house...sooooooo...looks like I'll be getting rid of more stuff. Garage sale up in heyah! I have so many great books and movies, but I can't keep all of them.

Amidst all of the organizing, sorting and giving away, I am attempting to:
1. Get my finances and housing in order for next year (which is pretty difficult because Columbia takes like a century to process applications and issue assignments and packages)
2. Finish all of my thank you notes for all the nice grad cards
3. Get my Etsy shop up and running and sit down and make some gems (spreading the accessories by Paige all around the www)


4. Plan my In the Heights/Bay Area/Janelle's UCSB graduation weekend, Paula's socal adventure and another Vegas trip and
5. relax a little and enjoy family time with both families, delicious food and cable while I'm at it...BAHAHAHAHA!

Oh summer...it's always such a brief period of transition...the dreams I have during summer are always crrrrr-a-ah-zyyyyy. Already dreaming about being lost in NYC, forgetting to pay tuition and massive viewpoint sessions. Neurotic much?

Even though it's a little overwhelming right now (awww, who am I kidding? It probably always will be at least a little bit overwhelming, that's life), I'm juiced for the summer and know that there is so much to look forward to.

I have a feeling 22 is going to be a good year.

Happy Birthday to all the Geminis!

My cousin turned 20 yesterday (I remember watching his little newborn self squirm around on a blanket at my 2nd birthday...it's one of the earliest memories I can recall), and my little sissy will be 17 on the 5th (I remember meeting her when she was eight years old and rocking heelies and a spongebob retainer). They've both become the coolest, kindest, smartest young people and I hope their b-days are special!

xoxo, Dollies!

Hang in there if you're still in school/finals!

Love you all!

Don't forget to wear sunscreen, count your blessings and savor the good times and I'll try to do the same!

K, byyyyyyyyyyye!


3 comments:

  1. Love it. I am so happy you got this... I love to read it. My goal for my blog is to not have it be a bitch fest... I am working on that... trying to see the possitive in all this chaos.

    You are doing very well at this challenge. Thank you for the inspiration. Love you, Paigey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Paula! Thanks! I think you're rockin the positivity too! Bitch fests are inevitable sometimes though :))))))

    I just showed Laura all you baby pics! She thinks your mom is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige Michelle Patterson YOU are amazing! and Yes paula you are right! keep this shit going and the positivity rolling :)

    ReplyDelete